It’s time for another local “mompreneur” feature! This time I’m introducing Kimberly Briner, a very talented designer and creator of Pink Pineapple Prints and Design. I’ve never met Kim in person, but after emailing her some and learning more about her through questions I asked, I can tell she is super sweet! And, to prove my point – she has generously offered to give one of you a fabulous prize! Read on for more details!
How long have been in business? I’m celebrating an official start – my 1st anniversary is tomorrow (9/4)!
So, tell us a little bit about what Pink Pineapple Designs is all about? I offer professionally press printed, custom designed cards, announcements, stationery, invitations, photo cards, calling cards, canvases, labels, etc.
There are collections of pre-designed items on my website as well (and more being added continually as I complete new designs). My goal is to offer complete customization and upscale cards at a reasonable price. I love working one on one with the customer, starting the design process from scratch and seeing the original ideas that were in my head move to the computer and ultimately to the printed final product!
Are you married? Do you have children? I’m married to my college sweetheart, John. We just celebrated our 10th anniversary in July. We have 2 beautiful daughters: Julia (7) and Lillian (Lilly) (3.5)
When you’re not designing, where can we find you? Chasing after my two children and shuffling them to their various activities. Spending time with friends and family, reading books, cooking/baking and of course enjoying a cocktail or glass of wine while relaxing on my couch!
Do you twitter? Facebook? I LOVE Facebook! It keeps me connected and enables me to share designs and special offers quickly and easily. I try to Twitter- pinkpineapplepd
What is your:
- guilty indulgence? Watching Big Brother over the summer. What a time waster, but fun and mindless entertainment!
- favorite getaway? Best time ever without kids was St. John. With kids (which is hardly a “getaway”) wold be Ocean City, NJ or OBX, and of course Disney World. Our girls are counting down till the next trip!
- favorite family ritual? Spending time at the beach together, reading before bed, baking with the girls.
- favorite thing in your closet? Definitely my heels! They make me feel pretty, never tell me I’ve put on a couple pounds and always look fabulous!
- current reading material? Getting ready to begin Philippa Gregory’s new release – The Red Queen
How did you get into this business? After a few years of designing all sorts of invitations, announcements, cards, templates, etc. for friends and family for fun, I decided to go for it (after a gentle push from my husband, John). I jumped off the deep end and started a small print and design business. A few have asked about the name- Pink: I have 2 sweet little girls and therefore A LOT of pink in our house. And Pineapple: A traditional symbol of welcome and hospitality.
What inspires you as a designer? Color combinations, seasons, pattern trends, and most importantly the individuals I am designing for. I try to incorporate their personal style and what they want to “say” when sending out the final product to friends and family.
What advice would you give to other moms who are looking to start their own small business? Go for it! Trust yourself, trust your instincts and trust your support system of friends and family that surround you.
I was browsing through her website, Facebook page, and blog and I just love so many of her designs! As a photographer I have looked at many design sites – most of which don’t impress me. But, Pink Pineapple is delightfully different! Her designs are laid out so beautifully, and they all have such lovely colors and adorable graphic elements. What is so great about her business is that she will completely customize a design just for you!
Here are some lovely card designs I found…
And I *loved* this! Custom designed gallery wraps! I can think of so many possibilities!
And of course there is much more on her site – magnets, backpack ID tags, note cards, stationary, address labels – AND it looks like she is working on a new website! I can’t wait to see what new things she has in store!
And now for the FREE giveaway that Kim is graciously giving us! One of you can win 1 set of 25 monogrammed note cards with envelopes….completely customized for the winner!
These are the rules:
1. You must live in the United States to enter.
2. To enter, hit the “share” button on my Facebook page to tell your friends. Then come back here and leave a comment telling me you “shared.”
3. To enter a second time, visit her website and then come back here and leave a comment stating which of Kim’s designs are your favorite.
4. A winner will be chosen by random.
5. The deadline to enter is Sunday, September 19th at 10pm. The winner will be announced on Monday, September 20th.